Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Oh, The Weather Outside is Frightful...

...And I'm feeling the effects of it already!  I live on the East Coast, and it was 50 degrees out yesterday. This cold is making everyone sick, including me; that's why there was no blog post yesterday... But fret not; you guy's will be getting two today! Hooray!

The weather is getting me in a Fall mood! Bring on the cider, pomegranates, and pumpkin carving! But nowadays, my family is having such a rough time, we may not be able to do all the things that we usually do around this time of year... Its kind of sad... Its not such a big deal for me though, because I can always start new traditions like cooking new foods and making nature crafts, but it makes me wonder how this whole economic downturn affects the younger generation, not just in the larger ways like school funding and whatnot, but also these little ways, like activities.

When I was younger, I would have a multitude of things to do, from picking pumpkins at our local patch, to festivals and hay rides... It was a really fun time to be a kid! But without as much money to go around, it seems like many of the free events that I grew up with cease to exist, cost money or are downsized. I believe that every child should have some good memories with their family and traditions are one of the best ways to do it! Go jump in some leaves, carve a pumpkin (Or an apple), or just go on a walk together.

All's that to say that if you have kids, little siblings, or just anyone that you love and care about in your life, start a tradition with them, even if you can only afford something small, happy memories are priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment